Amalfi Coast in Summer
The Amalfi coast with its stunning coastline, pristine blue Mediterranean waters and breathtaking views is a popular travel destination. Summer is one of the best times to visit Italy, but it is also peak holiday season. The Chauffeur of Positano can help you plan ahead so that your travel and transportation is well organized, easy and affordable. Whether you are interested in helicopter tours, shore excursions, boat tours, or any other tours and transfers in the region, we offer the best in comfort and convenience.
We highly recommend adding these places to your itinerary as you tour the Amalfi coast:
- Amalfi is the largest city along the coastline, dramatically situated at the mouth of a deep gorge. It is a convenient base for excursions to Capri and the Grotta dello Smeraldo. The Amalfi Cathedral of “Sant’Andrea” is a must-see.
- Positano and Ravello are not-to-be-missed destinations. Positano, a UNESCO world heritage site, is deeply entrenched in history and also happens to be one of the most upscale holiday destinations. Ravello has been named the City of Music and is home to the Ravello Festival.
- Praiano in the heart of the Amalfi coast has the most spectacular sunsets. The Church of San Luca Evangelista is not to be missed when you visit this part of Italy.
- Sorrento, a beautifully serene town is full of life in summer. Feast your eyes on the beautiful frescos in the medieval churches or hike along the trails of the Sorrentine Peninsula. Enjoy a limoncello, iced coffee or a gelato as you soak in the sea breeze.
Visit Italy for Your Summer Holiday and Experience the Magic of the Amalfi Coast
- Wine and Dine by the Sea: Sample some internationally acclaimed wines as you tour the local wineries of Mastroberardino and Feudi di San Gregorio. An authentic Neapolitan pizza made with local ingredients along with fresh cheese makes a great pairing with the wines.
- Bookmark Events: Local festivals, nightlife, and concerts are plenty during summer. The evenings are beautiful as the place turns shades of pink, there is activity along the waterfront and the sea shimmers with colors. Two major national holidays fall in this period, the Festa della Repubblica on June 2, and Ferragosto (Assumption Day) on August 15. Fireworks displays and parades take place, so make sure to check details in advance.
- Variety of Sightseeing Options: You can also enjoy the coast by walking through history, exploring hidden gems, beaches or indulging in a gastronomical journey along the coast.