Cruising in Italy? Ideas for Adventure and Fun on the Amalfi Coast
With its beautiful stretch of coastline, ancient history and culinary heritage, cruising in Italy offers all the pleasures of an ideal vacation. Your cruise will allow you some shore time and you want to make the most of your day tours and excursions. The Chauffeur of Positano has years of experience in helping cruisers with their travel and transportation arrangements on shore.
The Amalfi coast in particular, is one of the places you must visit in your lifetime, so make it a part of your itinerary when cruising in Italy.
Here are some suggestions to help you plan your Amalfi coast tour:
- Wander in Amalfi: Experience one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world with spectacular views at every turn. Visit the Amalfi Cathedral and walk around town.
- Breathe in the beauty of quaint villages: Ravello, a true gem of the region, offers stunning views of the Amalfi Coast. Visit Villa Rufolo, a 13thcentury castle with gardens at the historic city centre. The beauty of Atrani, a romantic village will leave you dreamy-eyed!
- Shop in Positano: An upscale, picturesque town with buildings stacked up the hill, and cafes, restaurants, and shops lining the street. Have fun as you visit elegant boutiques and buy some fashion clothing to wear back on your cruise ship.
- Enjoy some limoncello in Sorrento: Visit this beautiful water-side town, home of the famous limoncello. Learn to make some too!
- Walking tour of Pompeii: Tour the winding roads, ruins and architecture of Pompeii. Experience history at its best as you walk through this ancient city that was once buried and then rediscovered. When you show off your pictures of cruising in Italy to friends and family, you will have these extra-special ones to show them.
- Hike up to the crater of Mount Vesuvius: Enjoy spectacular views from the peak as you listen to the wind, observe wisps of steam and imagine the scene more than a thousand years ago when the volcano erupted to bury entire civilizations.
- Discover ancient lifestyles in Herculaneum: Wooden furniture, textiles, and even food utensils and skeletons tell us much about everyday life here. The vivid frescoes and mosaics remain intact, so you will have plenty of pictures to take back.
- Soak in the sun: The hillside town of Conca dei Marini, overlooking the sea, is famous for the natural sea cave known as the Grotta dello Smeraldo, known for its unique emerald glow.
- Relish the Food, Sip some Wine: Experience authentic Italian cuisine, learn to make a pizza at a local restaurant or perhaps simply sample local wines in the region’s famous wineries as you learn about wine making.
Our friendly and experienced team can take care of your transportation needs in the best possible way. We want you to enjoy yourself on land and at sea when cruising in Italy. Contact us today to make a booking online or request a quote.